For the Love of Data
Jer Thorp is an artist and educator from Vancouver, Canada, currently living in New York. Coming from a background in genetics, his digital art practice explores the many-folded boundaries between science and art. Recently, his work has been featured by The New York Times, The Guardian, Scientific American, The New Yorker, and the CBC. Thorp's award-winning software-based work has been exhibited in Europe, Asia, North America, South America, and Australia and all over the web. Most recently, he has presented at Carnegie Mellon's School of Art, at Eyebeam in New York City, and at IBM's Center for Social Software in Cambridge. He is currently Data Artist in Residence at the New York Times, and is an adjunct Professor in New York University's ITP program.
IBM Cognos TM1
Rapidly analyze data and model business requirements for your entire organization and use the results to budget and forecast with confidence for better business outcomes. More than budgeting and forecasting software, Cognos TM1 is a complete planning solution.
IBM Business Analytics
It’s a fact: analytics-driven organizations outperform their peers in every metric that matters. Now, there’s a way to know how well you're using analytics - and where to go next.
We call it your “Analytics Quotient,” or “AQ” for short. It measures how ready you are to apply insight to your strategy, processes and tactics; how quickly you can re-allocate resources and re-orient your people to make better decisions; and how effectively you can act based on how well you know your past performance, current results and future possibilities.
It’s simple: The more you embrace analytics, the higher your AQ. The higher your AQ, the better the business outcomes - for you, your team and your entire organization. Take the AQ Quiz.
IBM Business Intelligence
IBM Cognos Business Intelligence (BI) enables decision makers across an organization to solve performance management problems and improve performance.
IBM Netezza Datawarehouse
Despite an abundance of data and content, most decision makers act without the right information and insight. Organizations that manage, integrate, analyze and govern information are able to anticipate, shape and optimize business outcomes. Help companies become analytics-driven organizations connecting people with trusted information, enabling them to make real-time decisions and act with confidence to deliver better business outcomes with IBM Netezza.
- Purpose-built - designed specifically for running complex analytics on very large data volumes, orders of magnitude faster than competing solutions.
– Simple to maintain - architecturally integrates database, server and storage into a single, easy to manage system that requires little on-going maintenance.
– Simple to deploy – as a purpose-built, true appliance, the IBM Netezza appliance comes pre-tuned with the optimal architecture for advanced analytics, making it ready to go, right out of the box.
– Simple to try – Our proof of concept makes it easy to experience our high-performance data warehouse appliances on-site, with real data.
– Unmatched in value – with quick and easy deployment and minimal on-going maintenance, the IBM Netezza appliance features one of the industry’s fastest times-to-value and lowest total costs of ownership.
Users are able to easily and cost effectively, scale their business intelligence and analytical infrastructure, to leverage deeper insights from growing data volumes, throughout the organization.